Tips for Parents and Caregivers
- Know what they’re doing and who their friends are.
- Network with other parents who can help you encourage children and teens to refuse tobacco.
- Encourage your children’s schools to enforce tobacco-free policies for students, faculty, staff, and visitors both on campus and at all school-sponsored events off campus.
- Enforce movie age restrictions—and discourage teens from playing video games or using other media that feature smoking.
- Never give tobacco to children or teens.
- Set a good example by not using tobacco yourself.
Get involved in local efforts!
To get involved in local tobacco prevention efforts, please visit this page, call 303-275-7555 or email email@example.com. You can also encourage your teen to get involved in a local Breathe Easy (BE) Team!