Thinking of Quitting? We Can Help!
Quitting Is A Journey Worth Taking
Quitting doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a process, a journey, that will lead you down a path to better health. Having a support system will help you be more successful at quitting. Find a friend, family member, or other support person who will hold you to your goals and help you keep moving forward when you take a few steps back. Educate yourself on how living tobacco-free will help you live a longer, healthier life. Set a positive example for your children and grandchildren. And know that you are making a better choice for your health and the health of your family and community.
Need help quitting?
Resources That Will Get You on Your Way
- Free Local Quitting Resources
- Quitting Tobacco Fact Sheet
- Products Approved for Help with Quitting Tobacco Fact Sheet
- Nine Day Quit Guide to help you prepare for your quit date.
- Not from Jefferson County? All Coloradans can get help from TobaccoFreeCO.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention TIPS
- American Lung Association: Tobacco Cessation Treatment – What is Covered by Medicaid and Insurance?
- Calculate the Costs of Smoking with this Cost Calculator
- Quit Tobacco Apps and Text Message-Based Programs
Colorado QuitLine is a free program to help people who have quit or are considering quitting tobacco. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669) now to speak to a QuitLine coach. By contacting the QuitLine, you can receive free:
- Telephone coaching
- Tools and tips based on the latest research
- Help with nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patches, etc.) when appropriate
The Journey of Quitting looks different for everyone.
Watch some of these personal stories: